Buying Administration Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Salary: £4.45 per hour
- Buying Administration Apprentice required in Norwich
- Full time – 40 hours per week
- 20% includes course-based learning and off the job training
- Monday – Friday / Flexible working hours
- £4.45 per hour with qualification
- Bowthorpe, Norwich, NR5 9JF. Free parking on site
We are looking for a friendly, hard-working, and enthusiastic Buying Administration Apprentice to join our dedicated team. You would be working alongside the head buyer to develop the department with various project work whilst remaining informed about product trends and upcoming releases.
At the end of the 12-18 month course, the candidate will receive a Level 3 Business Administration Qualification. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working within the procurement team; placing orders, communicating with suppliers to build relationships and ensure we have the most up-to-date information.
- Being responsible for your own set of suppliers and buying new products as well as reordering weekly.
- Using excel to format data and update our systems.
- Keeping on top of orders placed and chasing when necessary.
- Dealing with order confirmations.
- Reporting shortages to suppliers.
- Managing independent suppliers and setting their products up on our system.
- Identifying areas for improvement within your roles and suggesting methods to improve processes.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 9 A*-C's at GCSE level including English and Maths
- A friendly and approachable person who flourishes in a team environment
- Good levels of written and verbal English
- Someone who can work with great accuracy
- A basic understanding of software such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- An advanced understanding of software like Excel would be beneficial but is not essential
- The ability to work on your own initiative, with motivation and drive to succeed
- A proactive individual who thrives off learning and is keen to shape the future of our company
Rewards and Benefits:
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities including free refreshments, a canteen and a separate staff room with PS4, ping-pong table, and board games
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free tickets to the company box at Norwich City Football Club
- Generous staff discount on board games and toys
- Annual pay reviews
- £50 gaming voucher after probation
- Bike to work scheme and cycle storage
- Employee referral bonus
- Higher/further education contribution or paying for professional qualifications
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Health assured EAP service for workplace wellbeing
Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.