Job Type: Full Time Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe. With our new shop recently launching on the high street we’re continuing to expand at a fast pace, gaining an excellent reputation as the go-to place for board games.
We are looking for an intelligent, hard-working and proactive Web Designer to join our Marketing team.
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 board game voucher for every employee, every year
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Regular bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
Working within a close-knit marketing team, the successful candidate will be:
- Working with project managers and stakeholders to design and build beautiful web pages
- Building new sites and pages from the ground up using best practice and keeping SEO in mind
- Designing and producing attractive elements for online marketing, such as sliders and banners
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving issues with our online presence
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a keen eye for design and a portfolio of great work
- A demonstrable understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce, HTML, CSS, JS and jQuery
- Good communication skills – the ability to make the complex simple
- A fast learner with a drive to expand their skills and knowledge
- A team player who works well under pressure and to deadlines
A minimum of 9 GCSE's grade A*-C is required. A-Levels and/or a degree would be desirable but this is not a requirement for the right candidate.
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.