Job Type: Full Time Salary: £17,550 - £19500 per year + Bonus.
£17,550 - £19,500 per year + Bonus.
We are looking for a numerically minded, intelligent and hard-working Trainee Buyer to join our business development team, providing a proactive and timely procurement service to the company.
The Trainee Buyer position is a vital role at Zatu Games, crucial to keeping our products fully stocked, office equipment replaced, and commercial orders fulfilled.
What you’ll be doing
Working within a close-knit business development team, the successful candidate will be:
- Controlling all external purchasing orders, keeping communication between the company and retail suppliers at an excellent standard.
- Creating purchase status reports and presenting these at a senior management level.
- Updating staff members of the status of purchase orders daily.
- Reviewing, auditing and updating current processes to ensure efficiency and to prevent stock out situations.
- Ensuring procurement procedures are in line with company and government policy.
- Analysing market trends and sales to forecast purchasing needs.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with retail suppliers, negotiating best possible prices.
The successful Trainee Buyer will receive training from our business development team.
What we’re looking for
- A good knowledge of excel, ideally with experience using formula such as vlookups or IF statements.
- A friendly and approachable person with a confident demeanour.
- High levels of written and verbal English.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 9 GCSEs grade A*-C. (A levels/degree would be desirable but is not a requirement for the right candidate).
Salary & working Hours
The salary for this procurement role is £17,550 per year, moving to £19,500 after 6-months. This role also comes with a yearly bonus averaging around 15% of the employee’s base salary.
The successful candidate will work a total of 37.5 hours each week Monday to Friday 8:30am until 4:30pm. This consists of 7.5 hours per day with 30 minutes for lunch.
Perks of working at Zatu Games:
- 28 days annual leave, increasing with each year of service.
- A friendly and relaxing working environment.
- Discounts on 1000s of board games, toys and teddy bears.
- 50% off Pizza Hut
- Regular company events such as go karting, boat trips and game nights!
- Further career advancement opportunities for the right candidate.
Who are we?
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board game retailer. We sell thousands of top-quality board games across the UK and throughout Europe.
We’re a close-knit family company which provides an exciting, friendly and relaxing working environment for every member of the team. We’re continuing to expand at a fast-pace, with Zatu Games quickly becoming the number one store within the board game retail world.
There has never been a better time to be involved in the board game industry and this role is a great way for you to get your foot in the door.
Interested in our Trainee Buyer vacancy? Apply today and let us know why you’re right for this job.
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.