An intergenerational activity for the whole family! A storytelling board game created to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the arrival of the MV Empire Windrush in Britain. Helps people share tales of their culture and heritage, exploring family history through the sharing of stories.
Tell stories about your past or use your imagination to create an interesting tale sparked by picture cards and historical timelines. Vote for your favourite stories and discover who is the master story teller!
The Every Generation Game: Windrush Edition has been created to mark and celebrate Windrush Day. Created by political activist and Windrush Generation campaigner Patrick Vernon OBE, it helps families, friends and communities share their heritage, family history, identity and culture through the sharing of stories.
Suitable for a variety of audiences, and can be enjoyed in many ways:
– Sharing stories with family and friends
– Team building and getting to know new people
– Reminiscence activities for older people in care settings
– Educational activity for schools – History, PSHE, Citizenship
– Health and social care: play with service users to help with socialisation and getting to know others