Historical-Fantasy Roleplaying in a Roman Empire which did not fall.
In Lex Arcana, you are a Custos (warden) of the Cohors Auxiliaria Arcana, sent by the Emperor to the four corners of the world to further the study of arcane lore, investigate forbidden cults, and face the thread posed by dangerous supernatural creatures.
This book describes the Empire in which the Lex Arcana role-playing game adventures are set.
The Encyclopaedia Arcana is the definitive Lex Arcana setting compendium, with innumerable ideas for players:
• Detailed descriptions of the 20 Provinces of the Empire and communication routes
• The structure of Imperial organization, bureaucracy and legions, including the Cohors Auxiliaria Arcana
• Roman culture, economy and society, from banquets to smuggling
• Detailed entries on Medicamenta, Poisons and Potions
• New secrets linked to Divination, Magic and Prophecies
• More than ten new maps showing military camps, harbours and other locations ready to be dropped into your next adventure.
The Encyclopaedia Arcana is the shortest path to bring your adventures to a whole new level of detail. From misty Britannia to the immense rivers of Babilonia, from the Egyptian deserts to the beautiful beaches of Italia, the adventures awaiting the Custodes are as numerous as the Empire the Cohors Arcana must defend is large. For the glory of Rome and the Empire without end!