Forum Rules

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Severindrax 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Adam Chivers
    Total Posts : 5

Not necessarily only games just designed for solo play but games that have good playability when played solo.

Matthew Thomasson
    Zatu Blogger
    Total Posts : 12

I play Tiny Epic Defenders/Zombies solo a fair bit.
    Robinson Crusoe plays well solo.

I have hard Friday is good as well for a small box solo game but I have not played this yet.

Also I am waiting on a Kickstarter delivery of Unbroken. I have played the PnP files and it is really good. Very much looking forward to it arriving. There have been some logistical issues with it so I am hoping that it will get delivered soon.

Bod Andrage
    Zatu Blogger
    Total Posts : 12

I really like Underwater Cities solo. And as its a long game its the only way I can get to play it.

Grant
    Total Posts : 1

Here’s some of my favourite solo games (some are solo-only, others have solo play rules or automa)

• Arkham Horror LCG
    • Scythe
    • Wingspan
    • Gates of Loyang
    • Star Realms
    • Race for the Galaxy (with the Gathering Storm expansion for solo play)
    • Gaia Project
    • Elder Signs
    • Eldritch Horror
    • Tiny Epic Galaxies
    • Hostage Negotiator
    • Palm Island
    • Friday
    • Hoplomachus – Rise of Rome
    • 51st State
    • <li style=”text-align: left;”>Terraforming Mars

There are probably more on my shelf, but I’m a few thousand miles away from it right now so can’t nip through and check!

Grant

Steve Rye
    Total Posts : 4

All States of Siege games (from Victroy Point Games) are good.  They are a bit samey so choose a theme you like and go for it.

Silvertree
    Total Posts : 3

Another vote for Robinson Crusoe and also Friday here.

Nick T
    Zatu Blogger
    Total Posts : 9

NMBR9 (https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/nmbr-9/) has a viable one player mode and is a bit different. A puzzler filler rather than an in depth solo game.
    I’ve heard good things about Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective as a one player game too. (https://www.board-game.co.uk/product/thames-murders-sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective-2017/)

goadvo
    Total Posts : 1

A vote for the very good Automas in Wingspan an Viticulture (not Scythe, i think it is to complicated)

Severindrax
    Total Posts : 3

I’m a dodgy old retro gamer, so my votes go to advanced heroquest, and more recently, descent and imperial assault. Both app driven. Mansions of madness can be fun also. The dungeons and dragons adventure system games are quite fun, but brutal, and the deck building “encounters ” series is great, especially the alien set. I have a soft spot for dungeon saga, which is a deeply flawed system that has a lot of potential. Guess I just like tinkering.

I have also recently picked up resident evil 2 but haven’t had a chance to play yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.