Customer Service Shop Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Apprenticeship Salary: £4.00/h starting wage, increasing with experience.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship. At the end of the course, the candidate will achieve a level 2 in Customer Service. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate. £4.00/h starting wage, increasing with experience.
Are you ready to roll the dice and kickstart your new career?
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board game retailer and we’re opening a new shop on the high-street. We sell thousands of top-quality board games across the UK and throughout Europe.
We’re a close-knit family company which provides an exciting, friendly and relaxing working environment for every member of the team. We’re continuing to expand at a fast-pace, with Zatu Games quickly becoming the go-to place for board games. There has never been a better time to be involved in the board game industry and this role is perfect to get your foot in the door.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic Customer Service Apprentice to join the team. Working in our new board games shop, the successful candidate with have a passion for playing and selling top-quality board games, collectibles and merchandise.
As a Customer Service Apprentice, you will be customer focused, but also involved in data admin for the business. You will be assisting in all areas of the shop from tracking physical stock, organising displays and partaking in games nights, but also assisting in the day-to-day running of the shop. Administrative jobs might include working with excel to format data, learning new technical processes to complete website checks and ultimately helping to process and maintain our online catalogue of product. As a member of the retail team, you’ll be in the middle of the action and excitement. We’re looking for someone who is
- Dynamic, friendly and approachable individual with a polite and engaging manner.
- Confident conducting stock takes, entering figures on excel and creating reports.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be able to cope with a dynamic business.
- A confident and professional individual with a team player attitude.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends (5 days a week, inc. Sat)
- Experience or an avid interest in the board game industry.
- Demonstrable success in a customer-focused role or administration environment.
- Event organisation experience is preferred, but not required.
- Motivation and a drive to succeed.
- Food-handling or food-hygiene certificate desirable, but not required.
Perks of working at Zatu Games:
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can be at their best! We offer many perks along the way to help this:
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Discounted Games, Toys and Teddy Bears from 100s of retailers
- Regular bring your dog to work days
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Annual pay reviews
- A friendly, sociable and relaxing working environment
- Free eye tests
- Free massages
- Free refreshments
- Free £50 board game voucher
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.