Business Administration Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Salary: £4 per hour
This is a 12-month apprenticeship. At the end of the course, the candidate will achieve a level 2 or 3 diploma in Business Administration. This is a great role for school leavers. Further career advancement opportunities for the right candidate.
Who are we?
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer with our new shop just recently launching on the high street. We sell thousands of top-quality board games across the UK and throughout Europe.
We’re a close-knit family company which provides exciting, friendly and a relaxing working environment for every member of the team. We’re continuing to expand at a fast pace, with Zatu Games quickly becoming the go-to place for board games. There has never been a better time to be involved in the board game industry and this role is perfect to get your foot in the door.
What you’ll be doing:
Working with a fast-paced and friendly team, the successful candidate will have the chance to experience multiple departments of our growing retail business. These opportunities include:
- Starting in our busy dispatch team helping to pick, pack and dispatch customer orders
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of our busy board game company to help mould the future of the company
- Working on customer service projects and audits to improve processes and infrastructure
- Assisting with the procurement of future products and office supplies
- Providing administration support to various departmental managers
What we’re looking for:
- A friendly and approachable person with good levels of written and verbal English
- Someone with excellent attention to detail who is able to work with high levels of accuracy
- A good working understanding of software such as Microsoft Office including word, Excel and Outlook. An advanced understanding of excel would be beneficial but is not essential for the right candidate
- A proactive individual who loves learning and is keen to help shape the future of our company
- Ideally someone with 9 GCSEs grades A – C
Perks of working at Zatu Games:
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can be at their best. We offer many perks along the way to help this:
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Discounted Games, Toys and Teddy Bears from 100s of retailers
- Regular bring you dog to work days
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- 80% off local Tennis club membership fee
- Annual pay reviews
- A friendly, sociable and relaxing working environment
- Free eye tests
- Free massages
- Free refreshments
- Free £50 Zatu Games voucher
- Discount on residential conveyancing and other legal advice
Salary & Working hours:
The starting salary for this position is £4.00 per hour and is reviewed annually. You will work a total of 37.5 hours per week with 20% of your time being dedicated to course-based learning which goes towards your final Business Administration Qualification. The opportunity of a full-time role may be available to the right candidate following the end of the apprenticeship.
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.