Business Administration Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Salary: £4.30 per hour, subject to increase after completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with 20% of your time being dedicated to course-based learning.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe. With our new shop recently launching on the high street we’re continuing to expand at a fast pace, gaining an excellent reputation as the go-to place for board games.
We are looking for an intelligent, hard-working and proactive Business Administrative Apprentice to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to experience multiple departments of our business, aiding your personal growth as well as giving something back to the community.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship that is great role for school leavers. At the end of the course, the candidate will achieve a level 2 or 3 Diploma in Business Administration. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Monthly bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
- Your time will be split mainly between the Customer Service and Dispatch teams.
- Within the customer service team you will be helping the team to reply to online chats, emails and contact form enquiries as well as having an input in customer service projects and audits to improve processes and infrastructure.
- Working as part of our busy dispatch team, you will be helping to prepare customer orders and packing products to be sent out in perfect condition and in a presentable manner.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the business to help mould company progression.
- You will also be given opportunities to work in various departments such as Accounts, Marketing, Facilities and Human Resources.
What we’re looking for:
- A friendly and approachable person who thrives in a team environment
- Good levels of written and verbal English
- Someone who can work with high levels of accuracy
- A good understanding of software such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- An advanced understanding of Excel would be beneficial, but is not essential for the right candidate
- A proactive individual who loves learning and is keen to help shape the future of our company
A minimum of 9 GCSEs grades A* - C is required
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.