Board Game Specialist Administration Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Salary: £4.30 per hour, subject to increase after completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with 20% of your time being dedicated to course-based learning.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe.
We are looking for an intelligent, hard-working and proactive Board Game Specialist Administration Apprentice to join our team.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship that is great role for school leavers. At the end of the course, the candidate will achieve a level 2 or 3 Diploma in Business Administration. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year, through our sister company Zatu Games
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Monthly bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting procurement for all of our board game and toy suppliers
- Assisting with the administration of procuring products
- Creating new products on our website
- Running reports and research to assist the procurement team
- Helping us to maintain strong relationships with our current suppliers and to build relationships with new suppliers
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the business to help mould company progression
What we’re looking for:
- A friendly and approachable person who thrives in a team environment
- Good levels of written and verbal English
- Someone who can work with high levels of accuracy
- A good understanding of software such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- An advanced understanding of Excel would be beneficial, but is not essential for the right candidate
- A proactive individual who loves learning and is keen to help shape the future of our company
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.