Administration Assistant Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Salary: £4.30 per hour, subject to increase after completion of the apprenticeship.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with 20% of your time being dedicated to course-based learning which goes towards your final qualification.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe. With our new shop recently launching on the high street we’re continuing to expand at a fast pace, gaining an excellent reputation as the go-to place for board games.
We’re looking for a friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic Admin Assistant Apprentice to join our dedicated team. This position includes a variety of responsibilities and throughout your role you will move around the business, supporting each of the different departments, from Warehouse to Management, that work together to run Zatu Games.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship that is great role for school leavers. At the end of the course, the candidate will achieve a level 2 or 3 Diploma. Further career advancement opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
· Flexitime and flexible working hours
· Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year.
· Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
· Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
· Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
· A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
· 50% off at Pizza Hut
· Aviva Pension Scheme
· Free refreshments
· Free massages
· Free eye tests through Specsavers
· Annual pay reviews
· Regular bring your dog to work days
· 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
· Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
· Learning new technical processes to ensure the business’ online presence is working effectively
· Supporting the management team with large projects to encourage the expansion of Zatu Games – should you be successful in this role, you will be given the opportunity to work on your own projects
· Working with excel to format and analyse data
· Assisting the team with the day-to-day running of the business
· Customer service and business admin tasks
What we’re looking for:
· A dynamic, friendly and approachable individual with a polite and engaging manner
· Someone with experience or an avid interest in the board game industry
· An individual with demonstrable success in a customer-focused role or administration environment
· Confident using excel and creating basic reports
· The ability to work on your own initiative, with a motivation and drive to succeed
· A confident and professional individual who enjoys working as part of a team and is happy to multi-task across different departments
A minimum of 9 GCSEs grades A* – C is required.
At Zatu we’re a close-knit family company and we’re always looking for new members.
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.