Accounts Assistant Apprentice
Job Type: Full Time Apprenticeship Salary: £4.30 per hour.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but the candidate must be happy to work between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Bowthorpe, Norwich. Free parking on site.
Zatu Games is quickly becoming the UK’s favourite, and most affordable, online board games retailer, selling thousands of top-quality products across the UK and throughout Europe.
We’re looking for a friendly, hard-working and enthusiastic Accounts Assistant Apprentice to join our dedicated team. This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door of a growing industry.
Why work for us?
At Zatu Games we make sure our staff are happy and healthy so they can best help our customers! We offer many unique perks to help with this, including:
- Flexitime and flexible working hours
- Free £50 gaming voucher for every employee, every year,
- Generous staff discount on board games, toys and teddy bears
- Increasing holiday allowance for length of service
- Breakout rooms with modern facilities such as PS4, ping-pong tables and board games
- A friendly, sociable and exciting working environment
- 50% off at Pizza Hut
- Aviva Pension Scheme
- Free refreshments
- Free massages
- Free eye tests through Specsavers
- Annual pay reviews
- Regular bring your dog to work days
- 80% off local Tennis club annual membership fee
- Discount on Residential Conveyancing and other legal advice
What you’ll be doing:
- Working within our busy accounts team to ensure the effective and efficient processing of our business accounts transactions
- Processing sales ledger, purchase ledger and bank transactions
- Reconciling account balances
- Completing audits of payment accounts
- Using software such as Sage 50 Accounts and Excel
- Utilising your keen eye for detail in order to ensure payments, amounts and records are correct
What we’re looking for:
- A friendly and motivated individual with thrives in a team environment but can also work with autonomy
- Someone with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- A good communicator, both written and verbally
- An individual who can demonstrate high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- A good working understanding of PC software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A minimum of 7 GCSEs grade A*-C, including mathematics, is required. A-Levels and/or a degree would be desirable but this is not a requirement for the right candidate.
We're always on the look out for talented writers, with a passion for board games, to join our guest blogging team. We have over 40 guest writers who produce exciting and informative reviews, previews, features, interviews and news round-ups.
As a member of the guest blogging team you will receive discounted games and invaluable exposure for your work. You'll also join our online community of board game writers, who come together to discuss all of their favourite games.
Many of our writers now have great contacts within the board game industry, with some writers going on to gain jobs with board game publishers.